Monday 25 April 2011

Acknowledgements

As a writer, I believe that it takes more than one person to succeed. In previous books I have written there has always been a bunch of people that I would thank at the end of the day. Lover of Korea is no exception, which is why I would take this chance to thank every person who has thrown in considerable support behind me and added into the success of this project. Firstly, two wonderful teachers: Ms Jumiah and Ms Wang. Ms Jumiah has often given the group beneficial critics and feedback; Ms Wang who I can always count for advice.

In the course of writing Lover of Korea, I was reminded of how very little I know, and how much I rely on the experience and intellect of others. Hence, to my team of behind the scenes students who have done so much, I would like to repeatedly thank you all. To Clara, the illustrator who has spent days drawing. She helped a team member who could not afford to have time to complete her task. To Jasmin, my blog admin who never fails to update the blog, occasionally helping other members carry their load. To Gerald who has been an entertaining presenter rising to the downturn of a presentation, puts in his opinions and suggestions in discussions. To Sherman, an efficient logistic who takes time to arrange discussions which is not an easy task as everybody has clashing schedules, never complaining a task before him. To Shannon, the group leader who has tried her best to guide the group, bringing them back to task, and chipping in whenever needed in whichever situations. Of with whom we could not have done without, she challenges the group to do better. 

I was most impressed when every team member, after completing their task, takes the initiative to offer help. I would like to credit a student, Qi Xian for helping us start up the blog when we needed her, a phone call away.

- Rhee Jae Sun




No comments:

Post a Comment